So if you really knew me, you would know that I have considered myself vegan for 8+ years and I LOVE SEAFOOD. I grew up north of Boston where lobster rolls, clam chowdah, tuna melts, cod, haddock, salmon, scallops, muscles.. all of it. Were what I grew up on and 😛 I’m obsessed with. AND I chose not to purchase those foods anymore because of many reasons, a few I mentioned in the video. My mom’s birthday was Sunday May 19th and I know one of her favorite meals is a simply divine tuna melt. So I made, in honor of her, the best damn vegan tuna melt everr.
!! TuNa MeLt !!
Chickpea “Tuna” Adapted from the amazing forks over knives website
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and mashed
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1-2 tsp mustard
- ¼ cup onion
- ¼ cup celery
- ¼ cup pickle
Ooey Gooey Melty Cheez:
- 2 C. potatoes, diced large
- 1 C. carrots, diced large
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/4 C. olive oil (or just use 1/4 an avocado)
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 C. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 garlic clove (or 1/4 tsp powder)
- Dash of cayenne
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until soft.
- Blend potatoes and carrots with the rest of the ingredients on high in blender until the cheese is extremely smooth. I use my high-powered VitaMix blender.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week