Who doesn’t Love pasta? Yes, love with a capital “L”. For these recipes I used banza pasta made from chickpeas. Bean pasta is awesome! It is super high in nutrients like iron and beneficial fiber. Plus it is loaded with protein. It’s gluten free and only takes 7-8 minutes to cook. Obsessed. I particularly like the Banza brand because it looks just like regular pasta and has a really nice consistency. Some bean pastas that I have tried are a little mealy and chalky, this brand is nice and noodle-y. I don’t know how else to describe it 😛 Hope you enjoy these recipes! xo
Purchase Your Box Of BANZA Here:
Sesame Ginger Pasta + Veggies
Mmmm when I had this recipe the first time I could have sworn it had peanut butter and sugar in it with its gingery garlic creamy deliciousness. Its just sesame seeds and dates!? What!? So simple and I can assure you this recipe will not disappoint!
Adapted from Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Quick and Easy Chilled Sesame Noodles
- 8 ounces bean pasta, cooked according to package directions, rinsed under cold water, and drained
- 1 pound fresh or frozen broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 pound mushrooms, chopped + steamed (or use another pound of broccoli or any other vegetable you love!)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 6 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unhulled sesame seeds, lightly pan toasted
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons raw almonds or cashews (preferably soaked / sprouted)
- 7 medjool dates or 13-14 regular dates (like deglet noor), pitted
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (or rice vinegar / apple cider vinegar)
- In a high speed blender, puree all the sauce ingredients until smooth
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked pasta, bell pepper, scallion, steamed broccoli, and veggies with the sauce until thoroughly coated.
- Divide among 6 plates and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Yaaas pesto :-P. This recipe has got all the medicine in it, and TBH: there is nothing I crave more. This pesto is BOMB. Don’t be fooled by the word, “medicine.” Back in the day when you used to plug your nose to get the stuff down. This powerful pesto has got the most potent DNA protecting and disease reversing foods like greens, turmeric, beans, walnuts, and garlic. And this medicine, baby. Just can’t get enoughhh yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adapted from Dr. Michael Greger‘s Eight Check-Mark Pesto
- 1 bunch (or about 2 cups) fresh basil
- 1/4 cup raw or sprouted walnuts
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/4 of a peeled lemon
- zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup canned pinto beans (I recommend no salt added like Eden’s Organic)
- 1/4 cup liquid from canned beans or water
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso (equal to or less than 270mg sodium / serving)
- Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Scoop onto a cup and a half of cooked bean pasta.